Belfast And Lisburn Community Project offers a free service which allows you to find out what benefits you may be entitled to and also estimates how much you could be getting.
The calculator, which can be found HERE, gives you these details in the comfort of your own home. It’s free to use and can be accessed 24 hours a day.
You can also use the service to get an estimation of benefits on someone else’s behalf. The calculator is completely anonymous, with no names or National Insurance numbers required, so your details remain confidential.
You can use the Benefits Calculator to:
- check which benefits you may be able to get
- get an estimate of the benefits, tax credits or pension that may be available
- compare estimates if your situation changes
- save your answers for a later date
- download and print results for reference
You may find it useful to have the following information to hand before you start:
- earnings, for example, wages slips
- benefit and pension details
- outgoings, for example, rates, rent, mortgage, childcare payments
- your local housing allowance rate, if you rent a property from a private landlord
Not suitable for everyone
The Benefits Calculator may not be suitable for everyone, for example, if you are in one of the following groups:
- people who are not British or Irish nationals
- UK nationals who live abroad
- on strike
- those permanently in residential care or nursing home